Its been a while, but I am happy to announce that our most popular blog topic, “Ask me anything”, is back. This is your chance to ask questions on the subject of investing, risk management, portfolio management and of course… Technical Analysis. Craig Aucoin, resident Fundamental Analyst of ValueTrend is ready to cover any “nuts n bolts” questions from his area of expertise.
To ask a question, you need to post it on the comment section of this blog by midnight Sunday March 27th.
For those who haven’t followed this blog for long – here are the ground rules for the “Ask me” blogs:
- Investment questions should be of broad interest to many investors. They can involve broad-sector questions, questions about various international markets, or questions about individual commodities or bonds.
- Please don’t ask about individual stocks. The exception might be in massively followed mega-cap stocks like the FAANG’s. Better to ask about stock sectors, world markets, asset classes, commodities, etc. For example: Cannabis, gold, European markets, the utilities sector, the tech sector, oil, transports, long bonds, etc. Lets say you are interested in the banks. Ask about the US banking sector rather than my opinion on Bank America. Or you might just have questions on technical/fundamental analysis rules, or unique strategies like hedging or stop loss rules, etc.
- You can ask as simple a question as you wish. And don’t worry – there’s no such thing as a dumb question! But feel free to ask the hard stuff too! I’ll do my best to get as many questions covered as I can. One question per reader, only.
- Questions on technical analysis methods and contrarian investing are very welcome.
- Don’t ask our opinion on the economy, real estate, employment, and other such queries. I’m a Technical Analyst, not an economist.
- If you wish to ask a fundamental analysis question, feel free to post it. Craig Aucoin, CFA, will add his answers to the mix.
Finally – We’ll probably be answering the questions over two or three blogs. The questions will be posted next week over two blogs. If your question isn’t answered next week, and assuming it meets my rule of “no individuals stocks, no economic questions”, then look for coverage of your question during the following week.
DEADLINE SUNDAY MARCH 27, 2022 (midnight)
POST YOUR QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW. DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT, SEND EMAILS WITH QUESTIONS. POST THEM BELOW.
SUBSCRIBERS, YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO THE INTERNET SITE TO POST YOUR QUESTIONS. DO NOT HIT “REPLY” ON YOUR EMAILED BLOG – thanks.