Our most popular blog topic, “Ask me anything”, is back. This is your chance to ask me questions on the subject of investing, risk management, portfolio management and of course.. technical analysis.
To ask a question, you need to post it on the comment section of this blog by midnight Wednesday July 14th.
For those who haven’t followed this blog for long – here are the ground rules for the “Ask me” blogs:
- Investment questions should be of broad interest to many investors. They can involve broad-sector questions, questions about various international markets, or questions about individual commodities or bonds.
- Please don’t ask about individual stocks. The exception might be in massively followed stocks like the FAANG’s. Better to ask about stock sectors, world markets, asset classes, commodities, etc. For example: Cannabis, gold, European markets, the utilities sector, the tech sector, oil, transports, long bonds, etc. Ask about the US banking sector rather than my opinion on Bank America. Or you might just have questions on technical/fundamental analysis rules, or unique strategies like hedging or stop loss rules, etc.
- You can ask as simple a question as you wish. And don’t worry – there’s no such thing as a dumb question! But feel free to ask the hard stuff too! I’ll do my best to get as many questions covered as I can.
- Questions on technical analysis methods and contrarian investing are very welcome.
- Don’t ask our opinion on the economy, real estate, employment, and other such queries. We are not economists.
- If you wish to ask a fundamental analysis question, feel free to post it. Craig Aucoin will add his answers to the mix.
Finally – We’ll probably be answering the questions over two or three blogs. The first number of questions will be posted next Thursday July 15th. If your question isn’t answered on that blog, and assuming it meets my rule of “no individuals stocks, no economic questions”, then look for coverage of your question during the following week (week of July 19th).